May is here and Covid-19 remains a serious health concern. There are over 3.4 million cases worldwide and nearly 240,000 people have died. Here in Arizona, there have been 7,962 cases to date with 330 deaths. It remains a dangerous health situation. Here are some important resources you can use during this time.
- Arizona Department of Health Services – Coronavirus Home
- CDC Covid-19 Home Page
- University of Arizona’s Covid-19 Forecast Model
Arizona’s Lockdown Status
Governor Doug Ducey declared a shelter-in-place order on March 31, and that order remains in effect statewide. A few days ago, Governor Ducey extended the stay at home order until May 15, but with a few notable changes.
- Retail stores are permitted to re-open on May 4
- Retail operations can be extended on May 8
- Restaurants will be permitted to re-open at the end of the month, but no date has been announced.